Shipping & Return Policy
Continental U.S. Addresses
Backyard Boats uses United Parcel Service (UPS) Ground and US Postal Service Priority Mail for most shipments. Shipping and handling costs are defined in the table below. Please note that additional shipping costs may apply for oversize, bulky, long and/or heavy items. However, we will never charge you additional shipping without first contacting you to receive approval.
|Order Total||Shipping Cost|
|Up to $25.00||$9.99|
|$25.01 - $50.00||$9.99|
|$50.01 - $75.00||$9.99|
|$75.01 - $100.00||$9.99|
|$100.01 - $200.00||$9.99|
|$200.01 - $300.00||$9.99|
|$300.01 and Up||$11.00|
Non-Continental U.S. Addresses
Orders shipped to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands are generally shipped via US Postal Service Priority Mail or United Parcel Service (UPS) 2nd Day Air. If additional shipping charges are necessary, we will first contact you to receive approval.
International orders are generally shipped using US Postal Service Insured Airmail Parcel Post. We use a variety of carriers depending on the physical size and weight of the shipment, and past experience. Pricing is determined on a case-by-case basis. International customers will be contacted to determine the best method of shipment and for approval of shipping costs. Backyard Boats is not responsible for customs, taxes, duties, tariffs, broker fees, or return shipping costs.
Express shipping is available for items purchased on our website using Federal Express or UPS. Please include your express shipping request in the 'Special Instructions' box during the checkout process. We will contact you for authorization of the additional expense of express shipping before processing your transaction.
Unused items with their tags still attached may be returned within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Please note the following guidelines for all returns:
- Include all original packing materials, manuals and accessories with the product to avoid any additional fees.
- Include with your returned merchandise, a letter indicating the reason for the return, and a copy of the original shipping invoice.
- We recommend items be returned via UPS or insured parcel post for proof of delivery. We also recommend that you reuse the original shipping carton and packing materials.
- You are responsible for all freight charges. However, you will be credited all reasonable and customary freight charges relevant to that item if product is damaged or defective, or the wrong item was shipped. Please include the postal receipt in your return package.
- Items received past the return period plus reasonable shipping time may not be processed. Only items purchased from BackyardBoats.com are eligible for return credit. Returned items must be shipped in the original product packaging. Notification will be sent to the e-mail and/or billing address provided should your return not be accepted. Items will be resent to you upon receipt of your payment of freight charges. Items will be deemed abandoned if we are not contacted within 30 days.
Ship returns to:
Backyard Boats Returns
2380 Research Court
Woodbridge, VA 22192
We will do our best to process your return quickly. Please allow 14-21 days for processing. Refunds will be credited to the original purchasing credit card account number only.